The Site is operated by Pick n Pay Namibia (Registration number: 024/67) registered in Namibia, 5 von Braun Street, Southern Industrial, Windhoek, Namibia
Version 1.2 dated 23 March 2022.
A. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
B. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
C. DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION We may disclose your personal information:
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
D. RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
E. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
G. YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
H. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
I. UPDATING INFORMATION
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
1. The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
1. we use Google Analytics and Ads on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / enable the use of a shopping cart on the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user / target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users
2. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
1. in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
2. in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
3. in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
3. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
1. in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
2. in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and
“Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
3. in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before
clicking “Clear browsing data.”
4. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
© 2022 Pick n Pay Namibia (Registration number: 024/67) registered in Namibia, 5 von Braun Street, Southern Industrial, Windhoek, Namibia
Version 1.2 dated 23 March 2022.